Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Dedication





Last night was Baby Dedication at Pinelake.  This is a time that we commit to the Lord that we will be examples of His love to our children.  That we will teach them His Word and who He is. So, we dedicated Sophie. We thanked Him for Sophie and we asked His blessing on her life.  It was a special night.  I'm so thankful my family was able to attend.  My niece Maggie (who is an AWESOME) girl... on a side note...we would love Sophie to grow up to be just like her....had a basketball game in town.  Their team lost unfortunately, but my sisters, parents, niece, and nephew were able to attend the Dedication.  Maggie was appalled we took a picture, because she just got through playing a game, but she looks beautiful no matter what.  It meant a lot for them to be there.

Curt's parents weren't able to attend, because they live in Ft. Walton, but his Mom, who is so thoughtful sent such a special letter to Sophie that was really sweet.  I put it in her baby book for the future.  Thanks Nana!   My dearest friend Shelley and her family came.  That meant a lot too.   Here are some pictures of the event.  Sophie is wearing a sweater I wore as a baby.  Thanks Mama for saving it for me.  Honestly, I never thought I'd have a daughter to dress in my baby clothes.  What a gift!
P.S. As usual, the boys weren't into taking pictures, so I couldn't get a good photo of them together.  What else is new?


No comments:

Post a Comment