Last, but not least: Baby Sophie. Yes, it's rare for a baby who CANNOT walk to get WALKING pneumonia, but apparently if your brother coughs directly into your face for say 5 days or so, it's bound to happen. Actually, in Abram's defense around day 4 he did start covering his mouth.
So, it's summertime right? A time to swim, have fun in the sun. Suffocate in the high humidity which is the essence of Mississippi. No, that would be much too boring for the Hale household. We wanted to mix it up, keep it real. So, our family gets walking pneumonia. Apparently it is viral, and quite contagious if you cough on each other. I joked that it was from Abram licking the door of the frozen food section at Wal-Mart. I wish I was joking about him doing that. DISGUSTING! Anyway, Abram started feeling bad last week, Roe followed suit on Saturday, and poor baby Sophie was just plain pitiful by this morning. So, we've been confined to the house, doing breathing treatments, listening to each other cough, and taking turns crying. Now, if that doesn't shout SUMMERTIME...I don't know what does. Seriously, though when my kids are sick I get so stressed and it truly makes me thankful for healthy children. I think of it so often that so many children are struggling with chronic illnesses like cancer and so much more. We are so blessed to have our health, even if we pick up a bug from oh say licking a foreign object in public every once in a while.
Yikes! How scary. I hope you guys recover quickly!! I seriously contemplated buying a stethoscope (not that I would really know how to use it) after we lost Kevin's dad to walking pneumonia. The kids all woke up here sneezing today and now all have runny noses. Good times.
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you..about to lose my mind..praying for y'all!!
ReplyDeleteso happy to have found your blog through another blog...love reading blogs...such a good way to keep up with families..
ReplyDelete