Sunday, June 7, 2009

Father's Day is June 21st

These are some splash pad pictures.  They have nothing to do with my post.  I just always like to add pictures when I blog. 




So, it's been crazy busy around the Hale house this week because Vacation Bible School starts at our church tomorrow.  I'm very excited about it this year.  Curt wrote an all original VBS and I'm excited to see how God is going to use it to touch the hearts of many children. I'll try to post pictures. For some reason I had it in my head that Father's Day was today, June 7th.  Yesterday afternoon we were so tired, but the three kids and I went out to shop for Curt's gifts.  We were just going to get him a book, but they didn't have it in stock, so then we had to go to plan B which led to a belt, then to some after shave, then a shirt, another book, and a yard game called Swingball.  Needless to say, with the stress of children who were "over" shopping and my own tired brain, we over did it, but Curt is worth it.  So, we rushed home to write sweet messages on our cards and wrap our presents before he got home from working at church.  You see today was going to be super hectic with VBS set-up, so we were going to celebrate Father's Day Saturday night.  Curt opened and loved his gifts and then we took him to get ice cream per Roe's request.  A really nice Father's Day celebration.

This morning, Curt left for church very early and I mentioned he should probably call his dad b/c it would be the only free moment of the day.  As I'm driving to church I get a text from Curt saying that Father's Day is June 21st.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  He had seen a sign at church mentioning an all men's choir on Father's Day JUNE 21st!
We had such a fun Father's Day celebration.  I guess it doesn't matter that it was two weeks early.  Has birthing and trying to raise 3 children turned my brain to mush?  I'm so sleepy, I need to sign off, just wanted to share my funny blunder.  

2 comments:

  1. You just made me laugh. 3 kids totally kills every brain cell. I can see myself doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better early than late, right? Good job on taking 3 kids shopping...taking one wipes me out. You are 2cool 4school.

    ReplyDelete