Monday, May 18, 2009

The Injury

Yesterday at church Abram and Roe were helping Curt tear down the set after children's worship.  They were running in the hallway and Abram was looking back at Roe and he caught the sharp corner of a check-in kiosk.  I can only credit God's protection for his actual eye not being harmed.  He had a gash above his eye and the skin scraped off under his eye.  There is no reason his actual eye wasn't injured.  I am so thankful though.  Another thing I'm thankful for is that we have an emergency team at church.  They paged them and a paramedic was there in no time.  He said Abram needed stitches, but dermabond skin glue was an option.  We definitely opted for this b/c it could be done right there.  So, I'm holding Abram for them to basically super glue his laceration shut and everything starts getting sparkly in my eyes and my head starts pounding....I was about to pass out.  So, they have to call in Curt who was holding Sophie and I had to lay down on the floor.  So, Abram is laying on the table screaming b/c the dermabond burns and I'm laying on the floor trying not to black out, and Sophie is looking at me from the arms of another lady going "hold me mama" with little whimpers.  Roe was coming in and out worried to death about Abram and on the verge of tears.  I think the Hales provided enough drama for Pinelake yesterday.  
So, the paramedic seals the gash, puts two butterfly bandages and a large bandage over that with instructions to NOT remove the bandage for 7 days.  We come home and crash taking a 2 hour nap and when we wake up there is Abram standing there with NO BANDAGE on his head and some dried blood on the wound.  We didn't really know what to do, so we just went and got some of the same kind of bandages to re-cover. We're hoping that holds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment