Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Broken Arms and Hearts

Well, another Hale has broken their arm. I made light of it on facebook that we didn't ask for a broken arm for Christmas, but it's really been breaking my heart. First of all, I need details in life. Often if Curt and I are watching a tv show...I'll have to ask questions, "But why would she do that?" "What was he thinking?" "But what happen to going there?" Poor Curt will look at me and say, "Noël, we're watching the same show...I've never seen it before either...I have no idea." Sometimes, he'll just make something up to appease me. I just have trouble letting things go and I need to know. So, not knowing exactly how our daughter broke her arm has been greatly troubling to me. I'm the kind of person when I go to the Dr. I tell this super long story with every detail, which is probably not appreciated, but I think it's important to have the overall picture, but I have no idea what happened. The only thing we can think of was a week ago Sunday when I picked her up from the nursery she was crying and the volunteer there said she had fallen and wouldn't stop crying. She had an ear infection, so we thought that was all. Anyway, we had it xrayed last Tuesday, but the radiologist didn't see the break. Saw an orthopedic yesterday and he confirmed it is broken right above the elbow bend. He put a cast on it, but referred us to a specialist today because the bone was rotated a bit. We saw the specialist and he feels like it is going to heal properly with no complications. We are so thankful. Lots of people have been praying for this little girl and we don't take it for granted that her arm is going to be ok. It's so humbling when someone you love is hurt or hurting. I think most of the time I have this false sense of being able to handle things, or kind of being in control, but I can't heal a broken arm, but I'm thankful to know the One who can. God is good. We are blessed by health. Praying for those hurting and sick this Christmas.

It took approximately 6 suckers to get this arm x-rayed and a cast on. It wasn't pretty, but we did it.
This morning she asked if she could wear her princess dress (her tutu) to the Dr. appointment. Cast or no cast...the girl has style.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! So sorry she broke her arm! I'm not on Facebook, so I never hear about anything! Thanks for blogging about it! :) She looks so cute in her cast!!

    ReplyDelete