Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Green

I love spring green. It's that green that is so fresh and new that it's hard to take your eyes off of it, and it is only temporary because once the sun gets really hot things begin to fade. It is so encouraging to me to see the trees who's leaves have turned brown and all sorts of other colors and then just dried up, died and fallen to the ground, now blooming with new growth. It just reminds me of God's mercy and how it's new every morning. Curt and I have NEVER planted anything that lived until the following year. Honestly, most of our gardening attempts fail miserably. Last year, we planted three rose bushes, some shrubs, and a sweet olive bush. I want to say I prayed over the flower bed because I know us, our gardening tendencies, and our lack of watering skills. God was so good to allow all of them to live, except for one bush. Anyway, the roses have been beautiful and I'm just amazed because it's certainly nothing Curt and I have done. It's been such a sweet gift from Heaven to look out my kitchen window and see this:
I counted over 35 blooms on this one bush.

In other news I hadn't cut the boys hair since Christmas Eve. I sort of made it a challenge to see if I could make it a full four months without giving them haircuts, but Abram's hair really looked like he was wearing one of those old timey football helmets, so I gave in. I couldn't get a good picture of the before or after, but I did get a good picture of the hair that I cut. That's a lot of hair. Just from Abram.




I like Roe's hair longer, even though my sister says he looks like a hippy. So, I tried something different this time with clippers, guards, scissors. However, what I thought was fading, Curt thought was crooked so, I had to clip it all over with the guard.

This photo was taken after the first round of haircuts, when Roe was just out of the shower.

In yet other news.... One of the yearly projects in Roe's venture class is to make a chess board. They have to make them with pieces spending no more than $10.00 and the boards have to have a theme. Roe's theme was shapes. Each piece has to have three separate components. The base of the pieces were lids from milk containers he collected in the lunch room from friends. I thought he did a great job.


In yet other news....I've always wanted to be a good seamstress and have attempted on many accounts to sew, but by far this was my best attempt. I must say though, my friend and sewing instructor Jayme was standing by me all the way telling me what to do and helping when I did it completely wrong. I made Sophie a top with some bloomers. She wore the top yesterday, but it was a little chilly for the bloomers. She wouldn't be still for me to get a good picture of her outfit, but maybe you can tell a little bit. I sewed button holes. I was excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment