Beautiful Day At The Rez

Well, I should probably be nominated for World's Worst Blogger, although you may have to blog more frequently than I do to even receive that award. Maybe I could just be World's Most inconsistent blogger. What can I say? Just been living life with a husband and three kiddos and neglecting my blog. Lately, I've been obsessed with the Earthquake in Haiti. Daily reading blogs of missionaries over there in the middle of it all. It's been neat to be able to pray for them in specific ways and see God at work in the midst of so much tragedy.
The family is doing well. Nana (Curt's mom) came for a visit last week. We really enjoyed her being here. Roe is playing Upward Basketball. They call him "stilts" 'cause he's about 5 inches taller than all the other kids. It's funny to watch. Hopefully, I'll post a video soon. Curt had a stomach bug Tue. and Wed. He was able to return to work today, but looked pretty puny when he came home from lunch. Abram is still loving life each day, and Sophie is crazy busy exploring all things. She is extremely independent and at the moment has found a whistle which she is blowing not stop. The good side of that is being able to locate her at all times, so we know she's not getting into something she's not suppose to be in. She's so much fun!
Last Friday we took a family trip to feed the ducks/geese at the reservoir. Thankfully, they stayed in the water this day. Usually, they charge us and get all around us and sometimes it's kind of scary. Ducks staying in the water made for a much more enjoyable outing. Although, in their defense the ducks are usually respectful, the geese on the other hand have no sense of personal space.
Here are pics from that day. I should make a disclaimer that we did not comb Sophie's hair. It's full of cute curls and looks best when we wet it and let it air dry. All other times it just looks sweetly unruly. We love it!
The children and the ducks.
The boys being dangerous on TOP of the jungle gym.
Sophie wishing she were up there too.
Roe pretending to eat the bread we were feeding the ducks. Speaking of eating, Roe has always been a good eater, but oh my! Being 8 his appetite has gone through the roof. Teenage years should be interesting!
!
Sophie only had one nap this day and she was SO sleepy. The swing was lulling her to sleep. I know she looks angry, but she was just in a sleepy daze.
Thanks for the update and pictures!!! Too cute! Glad the ducks and geese cooperated. Miss you all. Hope to see you very soon!!!
ReplyDelete