Friday, January 29, 2010

15 Months Old

Well, 15 months ago today Dr. Missy McMinn, who
I HIGHLY recommend as a Doctor pulled a baby out of my belly.
Sophie came out with her hands together in a prayer position.
I remember the nurses commenting that they had never seen a baby
come out like that.

She was so precious and I just remember crying because
God had given me a daughter.
Today, she is an energetic 15 month old, who is EXTREMELY independent.
I honestly think if she could get a job she would. Her check-up
went great. She weighs 23 lb. 5 oz. and is 2 ft. 7.25 inches tall.
She is in the 60% for weight, 75% height, and 75% for her head size.
The Dr. said the head size is completely genetic, so thanks go out to
Mr. Curt Hale for giving our children large noggins.
She is saying lots of words....mama, dada, nana,
(Nanny we're working on the ny part), bye bye,
back-pack, Roe-Roe, Abram, pronounced Babram,
plus a myriad of other things we don't quite understand.
She also shakes her head a lot. We love this little girl and
are so thankful that God brought her to us.
As I sat in our Dr. office today my heart turned to all the
children in Haiti right now, who need
medical care. There are so many overwhelming needs,
but it is amazing to see how God is at work.
This is the link to the missionaries who I've been following.
I don't know them, but I feel like a partner in their ministry
because I'm praying over the specific things
and people they post about. They wrote yesterday about
a 12 yr. old boy who brought his 3 yr. old brother to the clinic.
He was so worried about him.
The 3 yr. old had burns on his torso. The 12 yr. old was
crying because he left when his parents weren't
home, but he knew his brother needed help. He was
also concerned about the other 3 siblings he
was caring for. I know people tell me having everything
at my disposal has no correlation with those
who have nothing, but it sure doesn't feel that way.
I know I'm to rejoice in what I have and guilt serves
no purpose, but I think it at least makes me see my life
differently and earnestly pray for those who have such
great needs.
Sorry this blog took a serious turn. I just can't get Haiti off my mind. We are so blessed. Enjoy your
life this weekend. Enjoy those you love.
Curly Curls
Sophie Loves the Trampoline. The static electricity loves her hair.

Runny Nose is a constant these days. She's growing her K-9 Teeth. Apparently that HURTS>

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and a cutie pie! I have video of Abram calling himself "Babram" several years ago!

    ReplyDelete