Sweet Abram James. Not sure how old he was in this picture. Probably close to a year.
I think he's around Sophie's age in this pic. 15 months. He's always had the sweetest smile.
Today Abram is five years old. Abram was the sweetest baby and toddler. He was always so compliant. I don't think we had to put him in "time-out" until he was 3. I remember us saying, "Go to time out", and him looking at us like "What is time out?" This was quite a contrast to our very strong willed first born Roe, who, at the age of two looked at me and said "Stop managing me."
What can I say about Abram? He LOVES life. He loves costumes, he loves pajamas, he loves hats, he loves jumping, he loves snuggling, he loves lollipops, he loves all things about living. The smallest things make him so happy. I'm so thankful God gave him to us because it is really a joy to view the world through his eyes. He also is an encourager. He loves to watch Roe play games and cheers him on all the while. He told me the other day after asking me to peel a banana for him, "Wow Mom, you're a great banana opener."
It's been a great Abram James Hale day so far. Since we've lived in Brandon, Abram has always said he wants a Birthday party at Pump It Up. Honestly, I'm gonna have to say that large birthday parties with tons of kids kind of freak me out, so I've just sort of ignored this request. He kept saying he couldn't wait to have his party at Pump It Up and I kept saying, um, what else would you like to do for your birthday? Well, thankfully, I saw that on some days they have pre-K walk-in day. It's just $7 to play, so we invited 3 friends that didn't have school today and it was great. We had the place to ourselves for the first hour. He had a GREAT time and probably WAY more fun than if he'd had 30 kids running around with him. And the owner, who is a sweet lady that goes to our church gave him a birthday Pump It Up water bottle filled with goodies. So sweet!
We then went to the orthodontist, which had nothing to do with Birthday DAY, I just forgot until this morning I had an appointment. Thankfully, I have an incredible orthodontist and we were in and out in 10 minutes. Next, we went to buy a birthday cake. Then on to meet Roe and Daddy at McDonald's for lunch per Abram's request. Roe was glad to join us, but very anxious about what he was missing at school for that hour. Classic difference between our eldest and Abram. Not feeling Abram worrying about missing school in the future. Again, we had the whole play area to ourselves for us to eat and open presents. Can I just say I'm loving Mondays....no crowds. Great day to celebrate a birthday.
I love my children so much. Sometimes Curt will talk about the time in our marriage before we had children. Just reminiscing...it may sound weird, but I don't like to think about those times because I can't even think of a world when my children didn't exist. They bring so much joy and love to my heart and to this world and I just don't even like to think about when they weren't here. It's like when I think back to those days I feel a part of me didn't exist yet. A part that was yet to come alive.
Anyway, I love them so much and each birthday I get a little sad because they will never be "that age" again. I was doing ok, until I wrapped Abram's presents last night and I wrote the 5 on them. I just lost it. I was sitting there crying so hard. Curt kept saying, nothing has changed. You haven't lost anything. I know it hasn't today, but they do change as they get older. Not in a bad way, just in a different way. I doubt Abram will want to wear costumes in public as he gets older this year. It's a good thing, but I'll miss going shopping with Flash.
The presents. And Yes-that is old Christmas wrapping paper turned inside out and beautifully decorated.
We started the morning off eating donut holes in the shape of a 5.
Birthday Celebrations actually started Friday night. We went to dinner and then
Toys R Us where Abram picked out some things he "might" want for his birthday. The lady at Customer Service heard it was his birthday and gave him a crown. He requested to be called "Prince Abram" the rest of the evening. They also announced his birthday over the loud speaker. Very exciting.
A giant bear decided to sit in the buggy with Sophie.
Grandmother Hale mailed Abram some money for his birthday. He decided to buy two light sabers. One for him and one for Roe. They've enjoyed fighting with them all weekend.
Abram and his friend Will and a boy that just wanted to be in the picture.
I told him to make a face, this resulted. Sophie LOVED it.
McDonalds-Sophie wasn't too sure about the tunnel slide at first, but she warmed up to it quickly.
Abram got a space gun that makes a "Pee-Zjoyng" sound. Pretty sure batteries will be dead by bedtime. He hasn't taken his finger off the trigger.
Our crew. Couldn't imagine life without them!
So much fun. Can't wait to see him. (and all of you)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Prince Abram! Love and hugs to all.
ReplyDelete