Saturday, October 24, 2009

Roe's Birthday

I have been TERRIBLE about posting lately and my sister Angie, who I think is the only person who reads my blog let me know it. I'll try to be better. In my defense we have had lots of random sickness. Spin the wheel and name something and we've probably had it. Ear infections, bronchitis, mystery illness I think was swine flu (didn't see dr. for that one), then the stomach virus made its way through everyone except Sophie. Thanks Lakeside Pres.(Abram's pre-school) where you get MORE than education.

So, since I posted last our eldest son Roe turned 8. Every birthday of my children I get VERY nostalgic and kind of sad. I'm so thankful I have healthy (excluding the random above mentioned), thriving children, but each year I just realize how fast this time goes. I get sentimental about Roe never being 7 again, about things he loved this year seeming a little less magical next year. I just get sentimental. This year Roe didn't have a party. Instead he invited 3 school friends (who are the sweetest boys) to Gattitown to play and eat pizza. It was a really fun night. Very low key and enjoyable. I'm so thankful for Roe. I'm so thankful that we made it through those pre-school years when his strong will was very challenging. I'm so thankful that his strong will has now made him a leader in his class and someone who loves others and is quite an individual.
I love you Roe Hale!


Roe and his friends: Henry, David, and Stanley, and brother Abram


Redeeming their tickets they won. David won over 1400.



Roe opening his birthday card.


Baby Sophie sat in this high chair and was rolled around the game room for 2 hours. She's such a good 3rd child!



2 comments:

  1. Noel - I read it too:) It seems like yesterday when Roe was born!!!
    We miss you guys!
    Emily Kent Gardner

    ReplyDelete