Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkins Pumpkins

We declared this past Saturday Pumpkin Day. Roe LOVES carving pumpkins. Actually, it may be more the "idea" of carving pumpkins that he loves, because once it comes down to it actually carving pumpkins is kind of hard and kind of gross. But this year, I think Curt knocked it out of the park. We started the morning with pumpkin pancakes.
Delicious and one even looked like a pumpkin.



Then we carved our pumpkins. Our pumpkin carving kit options at Target were between a princess carving kit or a marvel comic superhero one. Living with a superhero, I knew which one to get. So, we ended up with two superhero pumpkins, an Auburn Tigers Pumpkin, and a traditional jack'o lantern face. It was a really good day.
Picking the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.
Cleaning out the pumpkins. Curt is always left to carve the pumpkins, after the rest of the family loses interest.

Scary Larry-Carved by Roe Hale
Even carving a pumpkin in honor of Auburn couldn't help them beat LSU.

Curt knocked it out of the park with The Hulk
Best pumpkin he's ever carved.
.
I carved this one. Iron Man-Yes it IS Iron Man-
It wasn't easy, and NO it doesn't resemble Iron Man all that much, but I really tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment