Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter Weekend.  Our church provided services during Holy Week.  Most of which were very somber, so that we could think on Christ's suffering.  It was a special week.   Sunday was an amazing celebration.  Our family went to the 6:30 a.m. service.  I didn't get a family photo b/c Curt had to be at church before 6a.m. and honestly there was really nothing great (outfit wise) to photograph.  Roe had on a pink shirt, with a crooked tie and a navy blazer.  He looked like something straight from an '80s movie.  Abram just wore a white shirt, not tucked in with pants.  (At least he wore pants)  I did get a photo of what Sophie wore.  Not real "Eastery", but she had never worn it before.  I couldn't get my dress zipped on the side...not b/c it didn't fit b/c the zipper was stuck.  I wore a sweater over it, so you couldn't tell.  We sound like quite a spectacle as I type this.  

After church, the children and I drove to my parents' house to celebrate with our family.  Curt was serving 5 yr. olds at the 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 service...so we figured he would need some good nap time once he got done.   He had already put in an 8 hr. day.  We celebrated at my Aunt Pat's house with my dad's family.  Our family has been doing this Easter tradition for at least 65 years.  We used to do it at my grandmother's house, but for many years now it's been at Aunt Pat's.  First, we eat a wonderful lunch.  Then the men hide eggs.  This year they hid 214 Easter Eggs.  All the little ones find the eggs (most of the eggs at least)  I think this year we just missed one.  I think that's a record.   After the Egg Hunt...we have a raw egg toss.  My dad usually leads this.  It's a lot of fun.  I'm thankful for Aunt Pat who works hard to get our family together.  There were over 40 of us there.  It was a neat day.


Roe tossed eggs with cousin Maggie.  It landed on his leg.

Abram found a soccer egg.  Very exciting for him!

This is what Sophie wore to church.  My college roommate Lorri gave her this outfit.
Coloring Eggs.  Somehow the majority of them came out pink.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful family tradition! It's what memories are made of. Sophie looks like she belongs in an Easter Parade!
    Hope Curt has recovered. It must have been a glorious day at Pinelake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sophie was fancied up. She had matching patten leather shoes too, but they were too big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little Sophie is going to be the boss of all of ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete