Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Storms, Cereal, and Such...

Last week was interesting in some ways.  For one thing, we had a series of bad weather over a few days.  For most of you reading this blog, you may know I have a history of being TERRIFIED of bad weather, ever since Curt and I were caught in a tornado on our honeymoon.  That's a whole other story for those of you who don't know.  Anyway, it's been a long time since I've been in bad weather.  So, last Wed. night I knew it was supposed to get bad, but I was really tired and went on to bed.  I am awakened at 1a.m. by my husband telling me the tornado sirens are going off.  OK, we've been married 10 and 1/2 years and I can't remember Curt ever HEARING a tornado siren, much less acknowledging it and alerting me.  Curt's theory is... if God wants him to die in a tornado, he's good with that.  So, I jump out of bed (heart palpitating) trying to figure out what the heck is going on.  The satellite is out, so I'm looking online and the sirens stop and Curt says to me.  "Oh, let's go back to bed."  Seriously?  While I'm having a heart attack?  Needless to say it took a WHILE for me to go back to bed, and I think I had a panic attack in the middle of it all.  Not a good night, but in a weird way I was honored that Curt woke me up even if it was just to tell me to go back to bed.  Our beloved Felder's Campground flooded during these storms.  This isn't unusual, but always interesting to me. I'll post some pics our sweet friend Nan took.  

     
This is one of our cabins.  
The Tabernacle, where we meet to worship.

This is the platform where we go off the swing into the creek.  It's usually maybe 30 feet or more from the creek (I'm not good at estimations)


In other news, Sophie has been feeling bad, so I took her to the Dr. yesterday.  When they weighed her I noticed she had lost 2 oz.  since her 4 month check-up.  She's 5 months now.  I mentioned it to the Dr. (not our Dr.)  She said not to be concerned, but that it would probably be a good idea to start her on cereal.  My Dr. had given me the all clear to do this last month, but I just hadn't started yet.  So last night was the first attempt.  It did not go well.  I know this is usual and she's sick, so probably not a great time to start, so we'll keep trying.  Here's a video of the event.



2 comments:

  1. LOL at your storm story. Perhaps that third child was the siren hearing number! Sure hope sweet little Sophie is feeling better soon. Hi to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have written third child "baby girl!"

    ReplyDelete