Thursday, March 5, 2009

Marvelous Day For A Walk

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful.  I woke up with no voice and felt a little weary, but other than that I was fine.  So after Roe got home from school, had a snack, a short cartoon, and a bit of rest time I thought we should go for a bike ride/stroll.  It went well for the most part. Thankfully, we have great bike trails around where we live, but Abram still isn't the best at steering and with me not having a voice at times it was a bit frustrating.  One time I was trying to help him and Sophie's stroller started rolling away. I'm sure people were thinking what in the world is this woman doing?  

So, along the trip I discovered again how much Roe is like me and how much Abram is like Curt.  Roe is SO cautious.  He could easily get a part-time job as a crossing guard and he's an extremely protective big brother, which actually helps me a lot.  Abram is just loving life.  He went down this one hill so fast on his bike(with training wheels) and said "Wow, Mom that was cool"  I could totally see his mind wheels turning thinking "Maybe I could go faster next time".  Roe never liked the feeling of almost being out of control, where as Abram has the NEED FOR SPEED.  On the way home Roe had to stop 3 times to touch some signs.  He looked at me and said "I just have to touch them Mom".  Poor Roe.  I know exactly what he means.  I have some OCD tendencies and I truly pray he doesn't have them to the extent I do, but there are some little things I've noticed that he does that I've always done.  Crazy to see parts of yourself in another person.  Good at times...Bad at times.  Anyway, it was a good trip.  Lots of "I love you's" spoken along the way.  I hope our children always feel so free to say that.
The crew upon returning home.


Sophie napped during our outing.  This is her sleepy look when we got back home.

    
One thing I love about having boys.  Always picking flowers for their mama.

2 comments:

  1. I went for a walk today too..but with Tuffy and Dora. Doesn't spring like weather just rejuvinate you? I think Abram has a bit of his Uncle Lee in him..what do you think? I pray that Roe is JUST LIKE HIS MOM. Your children are so blessed to have the parents they have!
    I love you all so much and can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to be with you on your adventure! I am blessed to know all of you!! Can't wait to hear about the next adventure. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete