It has been an emotional week. Some dear friends of ours from our small group celebrated the birth of the son they are adopting yesterday. We rejoice with them. We've been praying for and over this situation for many months and it's so precious to see God's faithfulness and God's plans come to pass. On Tuesday, Curt was a part of a prayer time with a family in our church who is losing their husband/father, who is in his early 40s. He has been battling cancer for a few years and it's almost over. Curt said it was an honor to be a part of this sacred time as the man prayed over and blessed his family and the wife thanked God that He allowed her to marry this man, walk beside him, and live life with him. Then yesterday, I got news that my best friend from high school's aunt, whom I loved like an aunt passed away very suddenly. She had been battling cancer, but was doing well with treatment. She had a high fever and was taken into the hospital and within hours was gone. I spent the day crying tears of joy for our friends' welcoming home a new son and tears of sorrow for a family who will dearly miss this beloved member. Her name was Carol and she was a wonderful lady. She treated me like family when I spent summer vacations at their beach house. I truly loved being with her and it doesn't seem real that she's no longer on this earth. Life is so fragile. It's such a vapor, and it's times like these that I'm aware that we have such little time and I need to make the most of it. So, my heart is heavy.
With that, I'll leave you with some pictures from Christmas. Curt found my camera battery...YAY. So I can now use my camera again and get pictures off of it. Glad about that.
Sophie at the Christmas Eve service at my parent's church. Our clothing options were limited to what fit over the bumpy purple cast. Note the hearts on the sleeves that go to another outfit. Oh well, it was red.

My parents, my sisters, and our offspring. Missing is my sister Stacy's husband and poor Curt, who was sick in bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment