Monday, May 17, 2010

Growing Kids and Plants

I've spent the last week crying my eyes out, so I didn't have much time to blog. Why am I crying you ask? Because Abram is officially done with preschool. This has been very emotional for me. I can't really explain it. He's my 2nd child, so I've had a child finish preschool before. But each time a child finishes a sweet phase of life I just have trouble letting go. So, seriously, I've been mourning the finishing of pre-school. I've also been denying summer is coming b/c at the end of summer Abram will start kindergarten at the elementary school. Some of you reading this may not understand. Can't say I fully understand, but the emotions were strong.
I'm doing better this week. I've been praying that God would change my perspective. I've been trying to focus on each day that we have and not focus on what's changing. I'd like to give a shout out to my ever patient husband, who is not extremely sentimental and must at times think I'm coo-coo. He bears with me lovingly, and I'm thankful for him. Here's what's been happening.
Abram graduating. Of course, when we got there I realized the batteries in my camera were dead. Thankfully, I was able to take a few with my phone.

Me and Abram

Abram and his teacher Ms. Laura
Abram chose to go to Newk's for his graduation celebration. Sophie enjoyed lunch.


My Mother's Day Gifts. Roe made me a bag at school It says "Happy Mother's Day" on one side and "I love you. You are special." on the other. Abram painted this flower pot with his finger prints. We put an unusual red cactus in it. (Hopefully, I can keep it alive.) Abram began telling me months ago about this gift. This is how the conversation went.

Abram: Mom, I made you something.
Me: You did?
Abram: Yes, it's for Mother's Day and I'm not telling you what it is.
Me: Ok
Abram: It's hard and I painted it, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.
Me: OK
Abram: It holds a plant, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.


One new development is that Abram wanted to learn to make his own pb&j sandwich. This is him making it. Not sure what's going on with his t-shirt...very 1983 off the shoulder.

A rare moment: I caught these two being still on the couch. Sweet.


Last week, Abram wore his tie to school without me knowing it.
Curt planted me a raised garden for Mother's Day. I've ALWAYS wanted a raised garden. I'm so excited. My dad saw it this weekend and said I need to water it more and could use some more dirt. We're on it. I can't actually tell which is the picture taken last week and which is the picture I took today....guess that means it hasn't grown a whole lot.

We do have an older son. Sorry Roe...didn't really make it in this post. He only has 4 days of school left and he's trying to finish out strong, so we didn't take him out to see Abram graduate. Roe doesn't like missing school much. We are so blessed. Love our babies.


1 comment:

  1. Growing up too fast! A week later, I'm still laughing about the "tie to school" story and picture. Congratulations on pre-K graduation, Abram! Abram gave me the garden tour the other day - love it!

    ReplyDelete