Wednesday night, we went to pick Curt up at the airport. Our kids were so excited. I'd say it was about 95% excited about seeing dad, but there was certainly a 5% excitement about getting to ride the escalator. I remember as a kid I LOVED the escalator. Elevators kind of freaked me out, but something about being on moving stairs was just magical. My kids are the same way. They LOVE it. They rode up and down about 8 times.
Back to Curt, so he gets off the plane and you'd think he'd been gone 6 months the way our kids and I reacted.
Roe is studying parts of the body at school. He actually has a big test today on the parts. He came home with this poster he had labeled with the lungs, brain, heart, stomach....etc. He modified it to say SomeBODY loves you and was holding it up for Curt when we saw him.
Our family is just together a lot. We like it that way. We like to venture out together, but mostly we're home bodies. I often ask why we have more than one room in the house because usually at any given moment all five of us are sitting within a three feet radius of each other. I'm thankful we like to be together and I'm thankful our kids like to be together. As Roe has turned 8, I'm finding he loses patience with Abram a lot more. Roe apparently can't remember being 5 and honestly Roe wasn't as care free a 5 year old as Abram. As a result, Roe can get frustrated with him. But I tell my boys all the time: The world is TOO mean for us to be mean to each other. I will not tolerate it. Our home is a safe place and we have to fight to be each other's biggest fans. That's important to me. The boys are so great to play with their sister. Sophie longs to be outside every moment of every day. She loves it. Today I took a short video of her going outside to play with the boys. She was suppose to be in her bed taking a nap, but thanks to the prednisone that she is taking she was standing in her bed squawking like a bird. So, I got her up and let her play. They didn't know I was recording them.
that video reminds me of Anna Grace (and Owen too, since they are so close in age) when she was about that age. They couldn't wait to get outside and on the trampoline (when we had a trampoline and a yard). Jacob & Ethan were always such big helpers while they were outside (well, most of the time!).
ReplyDeletePRICELESS!!!
ReplyDelete