I always like to post pictures, but these aren't very good ones.
I'm still undecided about my feelings of growing up. I've always thought it was strange. From time to time Curt and I look at each other and think what started as two people dating is now this crazy house full of children. How did we get here? Roe is in 2nd grade which I think is a lot of fun. He's doing great in school and I'm very thankful he likes it. This week he started riding the bus home. This was A HUGE step for me. Curt has been wanting him to ride the bus from the beginning because he has such fond memories of riding the bus, while I thought bus riding brought a whole other level of education that I wasn't interested in giving Roe. But after much thought and prayer, we decided it really is best for the whole family if he rides the bus home. Thankfully, his friend Stanley(a life long bus rider) is on his bus so he's been taking care of Roe. Stanley's first word of advice. Don't sit in the back....they're weirdos.
So, Roe comes home today and says, "Well I guess it's not a secret anymore so I can tell you...I'm in love with Emma Burge" Wait what? In love? Did he just say that? So, I ask him what he means by being in love and he says..."I'm just very fond of her." So, then I said well, what's she like? He says she's got a great smile and she's very nice. I asked well do you think she's pretty and with a starry eyed look he said "Yesssssss". This kind of freaked me out. He said her hair is red and it depends on how she styles it whether it's straight or curly. He also said he told Tess and Anthony that he was in love, but told them not to tell Emma who they immediately told. He said that Tess said that Emma just shrugged her shoulders, but Roe said she was probably busy at the time. It's strange watching your children grow up. Good, but strange. We've always thought Roe was a bit like Charlie Brown and yet another similarity. They both are in love with a little red haired girl.
So precious In love??? How sweet. I hope she loves him back ( for a day or two anyway)
ReplyDeletePS. Love the glasses. Roe looks so grown. Can't wait to see all of you.
ReplyDeleteOMGosh! Any pics you post of your children are cute!! Love Sophie's dress! But, where are the knitted hats? Ooops...hot outside uh? Growin' up too fast!! Hi, Nancy!
ReplyDeleteAt least he's in love with a real person. Ethan has a crush on the "Junie B. Jones" character Lucille. He asked me to draw a picture of her and we put it in a frame for him.
ReplyDeleteCute, Cute Kiddos Noel & Curt!!
P.S. My kids have never ridden a bus except for field trips. I am very happy that we walk to school these days!!
I must object. Roe is supposed to be in love with Virginia Bruce.
ReplyDelete