Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School '09 and Knitting

Today was Roe's first day of 2nd grade. I don't do well on first days of school. We are a very close family and usually stay within a 2 ft. radius of each other. So, when one member of the family leaves for 7 hours at a time it sort of feels like I've lost an appendage. But Sophie, Abram, and I will be plenty busy today....after I finish my nervous circling of walking around the house feeling helpless. Roe loves school. He is always up for a new adventure. I'm very thankful for that. I'm just extremely sentimental and I know these years fly by so fast. I just want to cherish every moment. Ok, enough sappiness. Here are some pics of Roe headed to school.

Roe taking the 1st day of school leaning picture and showing off his new lunch box Nana sent him.
Roe meeting his teacher. Sweet, sweet lady. And finding a cubby for the day.

On a completely unrelated topic. A kind lady at our church taught me to knit yesterday. This is something I've always wanted to learn. She was so sweet to actually buy me the supplies so I could get started. I thought a good "first" project would be a baby hat for Sophie. I think it turned out nice, but unfortunately I had forgotten that Sophie is in the 70% for baby 9 month old head size, so the hat doesn't really fit. Oh well, at least I now know what I'm doing. It was just a trial run anyway. So, all beloved friends and family members...guess what you're probably getting for Christmas. That's right-A knitted hat. Now you can all plan those trips to Alaska you've been waiting on. You'll have the hat to keep you warm.

The Hat

Poor Baby Sophie. Doesn't quite fit.
We tried to put it on our cat Frank because it does fit his head. He wasn't really excited about this idea.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to believe Roe is in the second grade. It's such a fun grade..the secret of elementary school. Be thankful that the teacher didn't have to pry him from your arms kicking and screaming...I've seen that so many times. Can't wait to see all of the kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS..try the hat on Sophie's doll!!

    ReplyDelete